Marine evacuation system
Marine Evacuation Systems (MES) allow for the rapid transfer of a maximum number of passengers and crew from ships in distress to liferafts.
Marine evacuation systems guarantee successful rescue operations
Designed for mass evacuation
Marine evacuation systems have been designed to provide a mass evacuation capacity, up to 700 people for the largest models.
Different types of MES are available to tailor your needs
Marine evacuation systems usually consist of slides or escape chutes and are associated with a liferaft.
Fast and efficient setup
Most evacuation systems can be deployed by one or two people and the system takes only a few minutes to set up.
Our range of SURVITEC marine evacuation systems
ESS MES SIS systems are available for many SurvitecZodiac & DBC products.
SIS (Small Inflatable Slide)
Small inflatable slides are small, light and easy to use and specially designed for high speed craft where rapid evacuation is required.
They are subject to authorisation when marine evacuation systems are not required and allow for easy descent of passengers in a TO or ORIL raft.
It is an essential safety system, mainly for boats with low freeboard (less than 3.80m).
Easy and cheap to install
– Stored in a case, to be stowed near the evacuation area
– The slide is installed and fitted to the deck with 2 attachment points
Easy to use
– Maximum efficiency with minimum effort
– Lightweight slide easy to position in the raft and to release from the boat
– Equipped with straps on the slides to help people get back on the boat
Additional floating device
Complementary rescue equipment effective in emergency situations
MES SIS CBL (Marine Evacuation System with Small Inflatable Slide & Central Bowsing Lines)
MES SIS EBL (Marine Evacuation System with Small Inflatable Slide & Ext. Bowsing Lines)
Medium Inflatable Slide (MIS)
SOLAS canopied liferafts
These Medium Inflatable Slides are approved for ORIL rafts:
- HSC Pack
- Can hold 100 or 151 people
- 2 ORILs rafts can be packed in one container with the slide, for a system which is very easy to deploy
- 6 possible lengths: from 4.8 m to 12.5 m
- 750 people evacuated in 30 minutes under SOLAS regulations for passenger boats
- 397 people evacuated in 17 minutes and 40 seconds according to HSC rules
- Push buttons to deploy the MES and release the slide from the raft
- The system requires only a few crew members for set up
- Simple to dismantle for easy maintenance.
- Additional rafts stored on separate cradles near the slide
- SURVITECZODIAC liferafts feature a patented Venturi inflation system, using fewer gas cylinders and significantly reducing the weight
- Two tracks in the slide allowing users to descend at a comfortable and safe pace
- Easy to use for people of all ages, sizes and abilities
The MIS system is supplied with the following items:
- System comprising a liferaft in a cylindrical container + slide + aluminium cradle + cover
- Manual and remote release system (the control panel also manages additional rafts)
- Self-activating device which triggers in the event of the shipwreck
The assembly line system includes: lines, winches, blocks, blockers and split tubes for the lines.
Evacuation Slide Systems (ESS)
Evacuation slide systems are designed specifically for low freeboard boats (less than 3.80 m) and are available in several models depending on the height (3 m to 3.65 m)
Available for TO 50 & 150 & ORIL 100 & 151 rafts.
- Innovative, slimline container to optimise deck space.
- Easy to deploy: Once the safety operations have been completed, the system is automatically deployed and inflated in 45 seconds
- Accessible: Release and entry system mounted on the passenger deck
- Economic: Ideal for new constructions or retrofit
- Minimum space requirement: the slides are also available in a separate portable case, near the ESS or included in the ESS (packed with the raft)
We offer personalised assistance services to help you choose your products
Tailored advice from our experts
We do more than sell safety equipment. Our dedicated team of professionals will advise you and offer you solutions and products to best suit your needs.
Guaranteed safety in case of emergency
Maritime accidents have been decreasing steadily over the last 20 years, however, risk prevention and marine safety must remain our primary concern. It is our duty to offer high-quality equipment to prevent potential risks.
Equipment adjustments and checks
Basic safety principles for navigation at sea include adjustments, checks and maintenance of marine safety equipment.
At Ouest Sécurité Marine, we also offer a wide range of services to guarantee your safety.